We're a diverse group at ubeam, but if there's one thing that unites us, it's our relentless pursuit of ingenuity and commitment to making a real impact on the world through technology.
We're mission driven.
If you're not breaking the laws of physics, it can be done. We rise to hard problems, park our egos at the door, and do whatever is necessary to achieve our mission.
Breaking boundaries is what we do. We're a wildly ambitious - but practical - team working on one of the most complex problems of our generation. Nothing drives us more than the seemingly impossible.
Execution is key
Our team is maniacally invested in creating well-thought-out, quality solutions that make our life easier. We create bleeding edge technology defined by consumer needs, down to the smallest details.
Excellence is in our genes
We hold ourselves to the highest standard. Our team is made up of A-players who play to win. We take pride in our work and doing it right.
"This is a once in a generation technology, And a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Be on the right side of history. Join this team and shape the future."
In order to make ultrasonic wireless power transmission a viable commercial technology, there are a number of enormous technical challenges around impedance mismatch, air coupling, beamforming, acoustic losses, low power rectification, and more, over the past several years, that we’ve had to overcome:
1. Design and build tiny, high powered, efficient, air-coupled ultrasonic transducers for both transmit and receive with a single resonant frequency well above 20 kHz, and output >140 dB SPL. To our knowledge this is the highest recorded amount of power ever transmitted from an in-air ultrasonic transducer at this frequency.
2. Design and build an ultrasonic phased array transmitter with thousands of individually addressable and controllable elements that enable us to beam power over several meters.
3. Develop and implement a detection and tracking system to precisely locate receive electronic devices in air in real-time.
4. Develop and implement beamforming algorithms that can shape and steer multiple focused beams to several moving devices based on their location, size, and angle with respect to the transmitter.
5. Design and build a receiver that can harvest and convert acoustic power with multiple focused beams hitting the receiver at multiple angles, while the receiver itself is in motion.
We’ve assembled a team of brilliant engineers and scientists that have looked at these issues as exciting challenges as opposed to impossible hurdles. Through years of development and hard work, we’ve developed and realized solutions to all of these challenges.
There’s still hard engineering to be done to optimize and refine the technology. If you’re up for a challenge, apply here.
Don’t see a job that matches your skillset but want to work with us? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV with a description of the kind of work you’d like to do.